Sketch a Day rules
In order for Sketch a Day to continue to work well as a community, certain rules must be followed.
As an artist submitting work to Sketch a Day, you must abide by these rules. Failure to do so will result in deletion of entries and comments, a suspension and ultimately a ban.
It is your responsibility to adhere to these rules.
If you are unsure about anything, please err on the side of caution, or contact support.
- Be nice to each other. Abusive behaviour will result in a ban.
- If someone breaks rule 1, don't respond in the same way. Report this to a moderator using the Report button on the comments page.
- Remember that the moderators do a difficult job, for free, for your benefit.
- You can post more than one entry per day, but please don't overdo it.
Originality of work
- All work you submit must be your own work. Uploading images you find on Pinterest, Google Images, stock photo sites, etc. will be immediately deleted, without discussion.
- All work submitted must be on the day's topic. If your entry is loosely related, please explain the connection to prevent accidental deletion by moderators.
- Don't post photos of yourself, your shoes, your dog, etc. This is an app for drawing.
- If you use a reference, you must say so. If possible, link to the reference you used.
- Filtered photos are not allowed.
- Composites of photos or other bits of stock imagery are not allowed.
- Digital art is allowed.
- Do not copy other drawings line-for-line. Using someone else's art as inspiration is OK - this is an app for learning, after all.
Nudity, violence, swearing, etc.
Remember that Sketch a Day is for people of all ages. Therefore, please bear in mind the following:
- Representations of graphic violence, suicide, self-harm, etc. will never be allowed on Sketch a Day. It can be very upsetting or triggering to people.
- Nudity is allowed, so long as it is tasteful, artistic and not designed to shock or offend. A good question to ask yourself is "Would I show this to my grandmother?".
- Sexualized content must be marked as Adult content. This includes non-nude, sexualized imagery.
- Swearing in comments is strictly not allowed.
- Swearing in captions and images is only allowed if you mark your image as having "Adult content".